Thursday, April 1, 2010

Recipe Exchange

I am very excited to start a Recipe Exchange group and get to know some new people and of course, get some new recipes. Before I get everything finalized, I would like to know if nights work better for most people or if the day does? If we have a balance of both, I think what I might do is do one month during the day and then the next month do it at night. If I do it on nights, it would have to be Tuesday night since that is pretty much the only night I have available. The other dilemma I have had is trying to figure out where to do it. I have wanted to start this group for a long time but wasn't sure what to do about the location. If we do a group where we can bring kids, it needs to be where kids can play and run around, but if we do a group at night, I think it should be kid free but people's homes still have kids.... so I haven't figured that out. I think the park here in the neighborhood would be a good location if we did it during the day, that way kids can run and play and the mom's can sit, eat and enjoy each other's company. (but the weather needs to warm up first!) Let me know what works best for you, Nights or Days?

To give you a little bit of background on why I am starting this group. I used to be the WORST cook on planet earth! I was awful! My poor husband didn't eat very well the first part of our marriage. After I stopped working, I decided to learn how to cook. I started off with easier things and learned to make them well and then I would "up" the difficult factor (still easy for others). After years of that, I started becoming a pretty good cook and now I love to do it. It has become one of my biggest priorities to make sure that we have a homemade meal every night and that we sit down as a family to dinner. I make it a goal every week to make a new recipe and I quite often will make a few new ones. We are not picky eaters so it makes it easy for us to try lots of new things. You do not have to be a great cook to be a part of this group. The nice thing about getting recipes from people you know, if you need some help on the recipe while cooking it, you have someone you can call for help.

We will be meeting once a month and every month we will have a different theme. One month it could be something like a Mexican theme where the next month could be a theme like Meals under 30 minutes or Favorite family recipe. We will have everyone copy their recipe and hand it out to those who come. If people can't make it and we have extra recipes, we can possibly stick them in the Relief Society binder or I might can type them up here and post them on this blog where I keep all of my favorite recipes.

I would like to start this month and keep it on the 3rd week of the month so let me know what would work best for you and we will try to accommodate as many people as possible.

I look forward to seeing all of you and eating some great food!

Thanks Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of doing this... maybe to get more involved we need to pass around a sign up in RS?? Let me know what you think!!

    ReplyDelete