Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chili glazed Shrimp & Noodles

Ingredients:

3 T. Sesame oil or Peanut oil
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 c. thinly sliced green onions
2 c. sugar snap peas with ends cut off
1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 c. honey
1-2 T. chili sauce (located in the asian section) add more if you like it spicy
1 tsp. ginger powder or freshly grated ginger root.
2-3 c. rice noodles, cooked (located in the asian section)

Directions:

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan. Add garlic and shrimp. Stir-fry 1 minute. Mix soy sauce, honey, chili sauce, and ginger in bowl. Pour over shrimp and add green onions, snap peas, & rice noodles. Toss everything together coating it all in the sauce. Serve in a bowl with chopsticks! :)

*I found a recipe that had some of these ingredients together but I thought it was quite bland so I changed it up and created my own. James liked the original recipe only so-so and then I made it a second time with my changes and he loved it! I think from shrimp being frozen to the dish on the table took me only about 20 minutes! A great recipe to make when short on time and need something quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment