Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bajio Shrimp Tacos

Ingredients:

2 Lbs. frozen medium shrimp
1/2 Cup butter
1 Cup honey
2 Tablespoons seasoned salt or lemon pepper

Mango Salsa

1 Mango
1/2 Cup red onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons Cilantro
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 Lime's juice
1/8 teaspoon chili powder

Directions:

Thaw shrimp and cut in half. Melt butter and stir in honey and seasoned salt/lemon pepper. Heat about half of sauce in pan until bubbly, then add shrimp. Cook until shrimp is pink in color.

Mango salsa- peel and dice mango, chop cilantro and onion. Add everything to bowl and toss.

Heat up tortillas in a skillet on both sides. Add cheese, lettuce, mango salsa and shrimp.

*I needed something quick for dinner the other night because I forgot to thaw any meat. I pulled out some shrimp and decided to try shrimp tacos. James grabbed a few things at the store on his way home and we were able to get this made in a very short period of time. I have actually never had Bajio's tacos, but I know that people who have had them rave about them and my husband was no exception. He loved these just as much and was very excited that I made them for him. Definitely a keeper in our shrimp recipe pile (which seems to get bigger and bigger every week).


No comments:

Post a Comment