Monday, February 2, 2009

Intro of Homemade By Mom!

My husband James and I are living at my parents house. My mom is practically Vegan and my step-dad is the most simple eater I have ever met (he doesn't like sauce on anything, even his green salad, so it is pretty much meat and potatoes for him.)
Before we moved in with my parents, we lived in Payson, UT. Most of my neighbor's down there knew that I liked to try new things because at Christmas I would give recipe cards of my favorite recipes I had tried that year. After being pregnant and moving in with my parents, I kind of stopped doing it for a while.
This past week, my parents left for the Bahamas which left me in charge of all of the meals once again. I decided to pick back up where I left off and find some new recipes to try out on my husband (the vegan and simple eater were gone). I had almost forgotten how much I enjoyed trying new things.
I decided to create this blog for 2 reasons: First, I wanted to share the recipes that I like with others and maybe if they see that I made it, then they will think that they can make it too. Second, if I travel, I love the idea of just getting on the internet and having my recipes there for me if I need them.
Because we aren't picky, I will be posting all kinds of recipes, even some for the picky or simple eaters. I find my recipes from all over; the internet, recipe books, magazines, t.v. shows, etc. I hope people will try new things and make a special effort to make more home cooked meals.
Also, if you have a recipe you think I might be interested in, I would love for you to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment