Monday, August 24, 2009

Grape Salad

Ingredients:

2 lb. green grapes
2 lb. red grapes
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 c. white sugar
1 t. vanilla
brown sugar
pecans

Directions:

Mix cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar, and vanilla. Fold in grapes: sprinkle brown sugar and pecans over top, but do not stir in. Refrigerate overnight. Before serving, stir to mix in brown sugar and pecans.

* This is the best summer fruit salad! Anytime I need to make something for a large group, I make this. I have made it on the spur of the moment where I haven't planned in advance to have it refrigerate overnight and it still tastes good, but it definitely tastes better if you do refrigerate over night. I made this yesterday for my baby's birthday party and my husband asked me as I was mixing everything in to add some more brown sugar to it, I did and everyone said that it was the best it had ever been. I also don't use pecans when I make it because I have family members who HATE nuts in anything and when I make it for a potluck dish, I am always worried about allergies people may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment