Saturday, April 11, 2009

Marshmallow Flake Treats

Approximate Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
1/3 c. butter
1 (10 oz.) pkg. Marshmallows
4 c. Corn Flakes
1 ½ tbsp. Butter
½ c. almonds, sliced
1 c. coconut

Directions
Brown (toast) lightly in frying pan the following ingredients: 1 ½ tbsp butter, almonds, coconut. Be careful not to burn coconut: it burns fast. Melt 1/3 cup butter and marshmallows over low heat. When melted remove from heat. Add toasted mixture and Corn Flakes to melted marshmallow mixture. Press into a buttered 13 x 9 inch pan. Frost with 1 cup melted chocolate chips.

* These are probably my favorite bars. I think they are the grown up version of a Rice Krispie Treat. I actually do prefer these without the chocolate. I love chocolate, but I think it over powers on these, try it both ways and decided for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment