Friday, January 15, 2010

Mimi's Corn Chowder

Ingredients:

2 tsp butter
2 stalks celery
1/2 cup onions chopped
4 cups water
1 bay leaf
1 potato peeled and cubed
1 15 oz can creamed corn
1 15 oz. can corn with liquid
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sale 1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup half and half

Directions:

Saute celery and onion in butter. Add water, potato, and bay leaf. Add creamed corn, corn, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes. Combine flour and half and half in a separate bowl. Add to soup and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.

*I don't know if you have ever had this soup at a Mimi's restaurant, but this is my favorite soup out of any restaurant. However, it didn't quite taste as good homemade but it was still good. I think part of the problem was me, I don't think I mixed the flour and half and half well enough, I kept on getting flour chunks when eating it so make sure you mix it really well and stir it while it is simmering.

No comments:

Post a Comment